Day 25 Evening Prayer
Manus tuae fecerunt me
- THY hands have made me and fashioned me: O give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.
- They that fear thee will be glad when they see me: because I have put my trust in thy word.
- I know, O Lord, that thy judgements are right: and that thou of very faithfulness hast caused me to be troubled.
- O let thy merciful kindness be my comfort: according to thy word unto thy servant.
- O let thy loving mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight.
- Let the proud be confounded, for they go wickedly about to destroy me: but I will be occupied in thy commandments.
- Let such as fear thee, and have known thy testimonies: be turned unto me.
- O let my heart be sound in thy statutes: that I be not ashamed.
Defecit anima mea
- MY SOUL hath longed for thy salvation: and I have a good hope because of thy word.
- Mine eyes long sore for thy word: saying, O when wilt thou comfort me?
- For I am become like a bottle in the smoke: yet do I not forget thy statutes.
- How many are the days of thy servant: when wilt thou be avenged of them that persecute me?
- The proud have digged pits for me: which are not after thy law.
- All thy commandments are true: they persecute me falsely; O be thou my help.
- They had almost made an end of me upon earth: but I forsook not thy commandments.
- O quicken me after thy loving-kindness: and so shall I keep the testimonies of thy mouth.
In aeternum. Domine
- O LORD, thy word: endureth for ever in heaven.
- Thy truth also remaineth from one generation to another: thou hast laid the foundation of the earth, and it abideth.
- They continue this day according to thine ordinance: for all things serve thee.
- If my delight had not been in thy law: I should have perished in my trouble.
- I will never forget thy commandments: for with them thou hast quickened me.
- I am thine, O save me: for I have sought thy commandments.
- The ungodly laid wait for me to destroy me: but I will consider thy testimonies.
- I see that all things come to an end: but thy commandment is exceeding broad.
- LORD, what love have I unto thy law: all the day long is my study in it.
- Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.
- I have more understanding than my teachers: for thy testimonies are my study.
- I am wiser than the aged: because I keep thy commandments.
- I have refrained my feet from every evil way: that I may keep thy word.
- I have not shrunk from thy judgements: for thou teachest me.
- O how sweet are thy words unto my throat: yea, sweeter than honey unto my mouth.
- Through thy commandments I get understanding: therefore I hate all evil ways.