Day 26 Morning Prayer
Lucerna pedibus meis
- THY word is a lantern unto my feet: and a light unto my paths.
- I have sworn, and am stedfastly purposed: to keep thy righteous judgements.
- I am troubled above measure: quicken me, O Lord, according to thy word.
- Let the free-will offerings of my mouth please thee, O Lord: and teach me thy judgements.
- My soul is alway in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.
- The ungodly have laid a snare for me: but yet I swerved not from thy commandments.
- Thy testimonies have I claimed as mine heritage for ever: and why? they are the very joy of my heart.
- I have applied my heart to fulfil thy statutes alway: even unto the end.
Iniquos odio habui
- I HATE them that imagine evil things: but thy law do I love.
- Thou art my defence and shield: and my trust is in thy word.
- Away from me, ye wicked: I will keep the commandments of my God.
- O stablish me according to thy word, that I may live: and let me not be disappointed of my hope.
- Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: yea, my delight shall be ever in thy statutes.
- Thou hast trodden down all them that depart from thy statutes: for they imagine but deceit.
- Thou puttest away all the ungodly of the earth like dross: therefore I love thy testimonies.
- My flesh trembleth for fear of thee: and I am afraid of thy judgements.
- I DEAL with the thing that is lawful and right: O give me not over unto mine oppressors.
- Make thou thy servant to delight in that which is good: that the proud do me no wrong.
- Mine eyes are wasted away with looking for thy health: and for the word of thy righteousness.
- O deal with thy servant according unto thy loving mercy: and teach me thy statutes.
- I am thy servant, O grant me understanding: that I may know thy testimonies.
- It is time for thee, Lord, to lay to thine hand: for they have destroyed thy law.
- For I love thy commandments: above gold and precious stone.
- Therefore hold I straight all thy commandments: and all false ways I utterly abhor.
- THY testimonies are wonderful: therefore doth my soul keep them.
- When thy word goeth forth: it giveth light and understanding unto the simple.
- I opened my mouth, and drew in my breath: for my delight was in thy commandments.
- O look thou upon me, and be merciful unto me: as thou usest to do unto those that love thy Name.
- Order my steps in thy word: and so shall no wickedness have dominion over me.
- O deliver me from the wrongful dealings of men: and so shall I keep thy commandments.
- Shew the light of thy countenance upon thy servant: and teach me thy statutes.
- Mine eyes gush out with water: because men keep not thy law.
Justus es, Domine
- RIGHTEOUS art thou, O Lord: and true is thy judgement.
- The testimonies that thou hast commanded: are exceeding righteous and true.
- My zeal hath even consumed me: because mine enemies have forgotten thy words.
- Thy word is tried to the uttermost: and thy servant loveth it.
- I am small, and of no reputation: yet do I not forget thy commandments.
- Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness: and thy law is the truth.
- Trouble and heaviness have taken hold upon me: yet is my delight in thy commandments.
- The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: O grant me understanding, and I shall live.