Day 31 Morning Prayer
- BLESSED be the Lord my strength: who teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight;
- My hope and my fortress, my castle and deliverer, my defender in whom I trust: who subdueth my people that is under me.
- Lord, what is man, that thou hast such respect unto him: or the son of man, that thou so regardest him?
- Man is like a thing of nought: his time passeth away like a shadow.
- Bow thy heavens, O Lord, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.
- Cast forth thy lightning, and tear them: shoot out thine arrows, and consume them.
- Send down thine hand from above: deliver me, and take me out of the great waters, from the hand of strange children;
- Whose mouth talketh of vanity: and their right hand is a right hand of wickedness.
- I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: and sing praises unto thee upon a ten-stringed lute.
- Thou hast given victory unto kings: and hast delivered David thy servant from the peril of the sword.
- Save me, and deliver me from the hand of strange children: whose mouth talketh of vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of iniquity.
- That our sons may grow up as the young plants: and that our daughters may be as the polished corners of the temple.
- That our garners may be full and plenteous with all manner of store: that our sheep may bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our streets.
- That our oxen may be strong to labour, that there be no decay: no leading into captivity, and no complaining in our streets.
- Happy are the people that are in such a case: yea, blessed are the people who have the Lord for their God.
Exaltabo te, Deus
- I WILL magnify thee, O God, my King: and I will praise thy Name for ever and ever.
- Every day will I give thanks unto thee: and praise thy Name for ever and ever.
- Great is the Lord, and marvellous worthy to be praised: there is no end of his greatness.
- One generation shall praise thy works unto another: and declare thy power.
- As for me, I will be talking of thy worship: thy glory, thy praise, and wondrous works;
- So that men shall speak of the might of thy marvellous acts: and I will also tell of thy greatness.
- The memorial of thine abundant kindness shall be shewed: and men shall sing of thy righteousness.
- The Lord is gracious and merciful: long-suffering and of great goodness.
- The Lord is loving unto every man: and his mercy is over all his works.
- All thy works praise thee, O Lord: and thy saints give thanks unto thee.
- They shew the glory of thy kingdom: and talk of thy power;
- That thy power, thy glory, and mightiness of thy kingdom: might be known unto men.
- Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom: and thy dominion endureth throughout all ages.
- The Lord upholdeth all such as fall: and lifteth up all those that are down.
- The eyes of all wait upon thee, O Lord: and thou givest them their meat in due season.
- Thou openest thine hand: and fillest all things living with plenteousness.
- The Lord is righteous in all his ways: and holy in all his works.
- The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him: yea, all such as call upon him faithfully.
- He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will help them.
- The Lord preserveth all them that love him: but scattereth abroad all the ungodly.
- My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord: and let all flesh give thanks unto his holy Name for ever and ever.
Lauda, anima mea
- PRAISE the Lord, O my soul; while I live will I praise the Lord: yea, as long as I have any being, I will sing praises unto my God.
- O put not your trust in princes, nor in any child of man: for there is no help in them.
- For when the breath of man goeth forth he shall turn again to his earth: and then all his thoughts perish.
- Blessed is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help: and whose hope is in the Lord his God;
- Who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: who keepeth his promise for ever;
- Who helpeth them to right that suffer wrong: who feedeth the hungry.
- The Lord looseth men out of prison: the Lord giveth sight to the blind.
- The Lord helpeth them that are fallen: the Lord careth for the righteous.
- The Lord careth for the strangers, he defendeth the fatherless and widow: as for the way of the ungodly, he turneth it upside down.
- The Lord thy God, O Sion, shall be King for evermore: and throughout all generations.