Day 31 Evening Prayer
- O PRAISE the Lord, for it is a good thing to sing praises unto our God: yea, a joyful and pleasant thing it is to be thankful.
- The Lord doth build up Jerusalem: and gather together the out-casts of Israel.
- He healeth those that are broken in heart: and giveth medicine to heal their sickness.
- He telleth the number of the stars: and calleth them all by their names.
- Great is our Lord, and great is his power: yea, and his wisdom is infinite.
- The Lord setteth up the meek: and bringeth the ungodly down to the ground.
- O sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving: sing praises upon the harp unto our God;
- Who covereth the heaven with clouds, and prepareth rain for the earth: and maketh the grass to grow upon the mountains, and herb for the use of men;
- Who giveth fodder unto the cattle: and feedeth the young ravens that call upon him.
- He hath no pleasure in the strength of an horse: neither delighteth he in any man's legs.
- But the Lord's delight is in them that fear him: and put their trust in his mercy.
- Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem: praise thy God, O Sion.
- For he hath made fast the bars of thy gates: and hath blessed thy children within thee.
- He maketh peace in thy borders: and filleth thee with the flour of wheat.
- He sendeth forth his commandment upon earth: and his word runneth very swiftly.
- He giveth snow like wool: and scattereth the hoar-frost like ashes.
- He casteth forth his ice like morsels: who is able to abide his frost?
- He sendeth out his word, and melteth them: he bloweth with his wind, and the waters flow.
- He sheweth his word unto Jacob: his statutes and ordinances unto Israel.
- He hath not dealt so with any nation: neither have the heathen knowledge of his laws.
- O PRAISE the Lord of heaven: praise him in the height.
- Praise him, all ye angels of his: praise him, all his host.
- Praise him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Praise him, all ye heavens: and ye waters that are above the heavens.
- Let them praise the Name of the Lord: for he spake the word, and they were made; he commanded, and they were created.
- He hath made them fast for ever and ever: he hath given them a law which shall not be broken.
- Praise the Lord upon earth: ye dragons, and all deeps;
- Fire and hail, snow and vapours: wind and storm, fulfilling his word;
- Mountains and all hills: fruitful trees and all cedars;
- Beasts and all cattle: worms and feathered fowls;
- Kings of the earth and all people: princes and all judges of the world;
- Young men and maidens, old men and children, praise the Name of the Lord: for his Name only is excellent, and his praise above heaven and earth.
- He shall exalt the horn of his people; all his saints shall praise him: even the children of Israel, even the people that serveth him.
- O SING unto the Lord a new song: let the congregation of saints praise him.
- Let Israel rejoice in him that made him: and let the children of Sion be joyful in their King.
- Let them praise his Name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with tabret and harp.
- For the Lord hath pleasure in his people: and helpeth the meek-hearted.
- Let the saints be joyful with glory: let them rejoice in their beds.
- Let the praises of God be in their mouth: and a two-edged sword in their hands;
- To be avenged of the heathen: and to rebuke the people;
- To bind their kings in chains: and their nobles with links of iron.
- That they may be avenged of them, as it is written: Such honour have all his saints.
- O PRAISE God in his holiness: praise him in the firmament of his power.
- Praise him in his noble acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
- Praise him in the sound of the trumpet: praise him upon the lute and harp.
- Praise him in the cymbals and dances: praise him upon the strings and pipe.
- Praise him upon the well-tuned cymbals: praise him upon the loud cymbals.
- Let every thing that hath breath: praise the Lord.