Day 28 Morning Prayer
- LORD, remember David: and all his trouble;
- How he sware unto the Lord: and vowed a vow unto the Almighty God of Jacob;
- I will not come within the tabernacle of mine house: nor climb up into my bed;
- I will not suffer mine eyes to sleep, nor mine eye-lids to slumber: neither the temples of my head to take any rest;
- Until I find out a place for the temple of the Lord: an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob.
- Lo, we heard of the same at Ephrata: and found it in the wood.
- We will go into his tabernacle: and fall low on our knees before his footstool.
- Arise, O Lord, into thy resting-place: thou, and the ark of thy strength.
- Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness: and let thy saints sing with joyfulness.
- For thy servant David's sake: turn not away the presence of thine Anointed.
- The Lord hath made a faithful oath unto David: and he shall not shrink from it;
- Of the fruit of thy body: shall I set upon thy seat.
- If thy children will keep my covenant, and my testimonies that I shall learn them: their children also shall sit upon thy seat for evermore.
- For the Lord hath chosen Sion to be an habitation for himself: he hath longed for her.
- This shall be my rest for ever: here will I dwell, for I have a delight therein.
- I will bless her victuals with increase: and will satisfy her poor with bread.
- I will deck her priests with health: and her saints shall rejoice and sing.
- There shall I make the horn of David to flourish: I have ordained a lantern for mine Anointed.
- As for his enemies, I shall clothe them with shame: but upon himself shall his crown flourish.
Ecce, quam bonum!
- BEHOLD, how good and joyful a thing it is: brethren, to dwell together in unity!
- It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down unto the beard: even unto Aaron's beard, and went down to the skirts of his clothing.
- Like as the dew of Hermon: which fell upon the hill of Sion.
- For there the Lord promised his blessing: and life for evermore.
- BEHOLD now, praise the Lord: all ye servants of the Lord;
- Ye that by night stand in the house of the Lord: even in the courts of the house of our God.
- Lift up your hands in the sanctuary: and praise the Lord.
- The Lord that made heaven and earth: give thee blessing out of Sion.
- O PRAISE the Lord, laud ye the Name of the Lord: praise it, O ye servants of the Lord;
- Ye that stand in the house of the Lord: in the courts of the house of our God.
- O praise the Lord, for the Lord is gracious: O sing praises unto his Name, for it is lovely.
- For why? the Lord hath chosen Jacob unto himself: and Israel for his own possession.
- For I know that the Lord is great: and that our Lord is above all gods.
- Whatsoever the Lord pleased, that did he in heaven and in earth: and in the sea, and in all deep places.
- He bringeth forth the clouds from the ends of the world: and sendeth forth lightnings with the rain, bringing the winds out of his treasures.
- He smote the first-born of Egypt: both of man and beast.
- He hath sent tokens and wonders into the midst of thee, O thou land of Egypt: upon Pharaoh, and all his servants.
- He smote divers nations: and slew mighty kings;
- Sehon king of the Amorites, and Og the king of Basan: and all the kingdoms of Canaan;
- And gave their land to be an heritage: even an heritage unto Israel his people.
- Thy Name, O Lord, endureth for ever: so doth thy memorial, O Lord, from one generation to another.
- For the Lord will avenge his people: and be gracious unto his servants.
- As for the images of the heathen, they are but silver and gold: the work of men's hands.
- They have mouths, and speak not: eyes have they, but they see not.
- They have ears, and yet they hear not: neither is there any breath in their mouths.
- They that make them are like unto them: and so are all they that put their trust in them.
- Praise the Lord, ye house of Israel: praise the Lord, ye house of Aaron.
- Praise the Lord, ye house of Levi: ye that fear the Lord, praise the Lord.
- Praised be the Lord out of Sion: who dwelleth at Jerusalem.