Day 29 Evening Prayer
Voce mea ad Dominum
- I CRIED unto the Lord with my voice: yea, even unto the Lord did I make my supplication.
- I poured out my complaints before him: and shewed him of my trouble.
- When my spirit was in heaviness thou knewest my path: in the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.
- I looked also upon my right hand: and saw there was no man that would know me.
- I had no place to flee unto: and no man cared for my soul.
- I cried unto thee, O Lord, and said: Thou art my hope, and my portion in the land of the living.
- Consider my complaint: for I am brought very low.
- O deliver me from my persecutors: for they are too strong for me.
- Bring my soul out of prison, that I may give thanks unto thy Name: which thing if thou wilt grant me, then shall the righteous resort unto my company.
- HEAR my prayer, O Lord, and consider my desire: hearken unto me for thy truth and righteousness' sake.
- And enter not into judgement with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.
- For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath smitten my life down to the ground: he hath laid me in the darkness, as the men that have been long dead.
- Therefore is my spirit vexed within me: and my heart within me is desolate.
- Yet do I remember the time past; I muse upon all thy works: yea, I exercise myself in the works of thy hands.
- I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul gaspeth unto thee as a thirsty land.
- Hear me, O Lord, and that soon, for my spirit waxeth faint: hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.
- O let me hear thy loving-kindness betimes in the morning, for in thee is my trust: shew thou me the way that I should walk in, for I lift up my soul unto thee.
- Deliver me, O Lord, from mine enemies: for I flee unto thee to hide me.
- Teach me to do the thing that pleaseth thee, for thou art my God: let thy loving Spirit lead me forth into the land of righteousness.
- Quicken me, O Lord, for thy Name's sake: and for thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.
- And of thy goodness slay mine enemies: and destroy all them that vex my soul ; for I am thy servant.