(from Day 18 Evening Prayer)
- O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth: thou God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself.
- Arise, thou Judge of the world: and reward the proud after their deserving.
- Lord, how long shall the ungodly: how long shall the ungodly triumph?
- How long shall all wicked doers speak so disdainfully: and make such proud boasting?
- They smite down thy people, O Lord: and trouble thine heritage.
- They murder the widow and the stranger: and put the fatherless to death.
- And yet they say, Tush, the Lord shall not see: neither shall the God of Jacob regard it.
- Take heed, ye unwise among the people: O ye fools, when will ye understand?
- He that planted the ear, shall he not hear: or he that made the eye, shall he not see?
- Or he that nurtureth the heathen: it is he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he punish?
- The Lord knoweth the thoughts of man: that they are but vain.
- Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Lord: and teachest him in thy law;
- That thou mayest give him patience in time of adversity: until the pit be digged up for the ungodly.
- For the Lord will not fail his people: neither will he forsake his inheritance;
- Until righteousness turn again unto judgement: all such as are true in heart shall follow it.
- Who will rise up with me against the wicked: or who will take my part against the evil-doers?
- If the Lord had not helped me: it had not failed but my soul had been put to silence.
- But when I said, My foot hath slipt: thy mercy, O Lord, held me up.
- In the multitude of the sorrows that I had in my heart: thy comforts have refreshed my soul.
- Wilt thou have any thing to do with the stool of wickedness: which imagineth mischief as a law?
- They gather them together against the soul of the righteous: and condemn the innocent blood.
- But the Lord is my refuge: and my God is the strength of my confidence.
- He shall recompense them their wickedness, and destroy them in their own malice: yea, the Lord our God shall destroy them.