(from Day 18 Morning Prayer)
Bonum est confiteri
- IT IS a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord: and to sing praises unto thy Name, O most Highest;
- To tell of thy loving-kindness early in the morning: and of thy truth in the night-season;
- Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the lute: upon a loud instrument, and upon the harp.
- For thou, Lord, hast made me glad through thy works: and I will rejoice in giving praise for the operations of thy hands.
- O Lord, how glorious are thy works: thy thoughts are very deep.
- An unwise man doth not well consider this: and a fool doth not understand it.
- When the ungodly are green as the grass, and when all the workers of wickedness do flourish: then shall they be destroyed for ever; but thou, Lord, art the most Highest for evermore.
- For lo, thine enemies, O Lord, lo, thine enemies shall perish: and all the workers of wickedness shall be destroyed.
- But mine horn shall be exalted like the horn of an unicorn: for I am anointed with fresh oil.
- Mine eye also shall see his lust of mine enemies: and mine ear shall hear his desire of the wicked that arise up against me.
- The righteous shall flourish like a palm-tree: and shall spread abroad like a cedar in Libanus.
- Such as are planted in the house of the Lord: shall flourish in the courts of the house of our God.
- They also shall bring forth more fruit in their age: and shall be fat and well-liking.
- That they may shew how true the Lord my strength is: and that there is no unrighteousness in him.