(from Day 18 Morning Prayer)
- WHOSO dwelleth under the defence of the most High: shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
- I will say unto the Lord, Thou art my hope, and my strong hold: my God, in him will I trust.
- For he shall deliver thee from the snare of the hunter: and from the noisome pestilence.
- He shall defend thee under his wings, and thou shalt be safe under his feathers: his faithfulness and truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
- Thou shalt not be afraid for any terror by night: nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
- For the pestilence that walketh in darkness: nor for the sickness that destroyeth in the noon-day.
- A thousand shall fall beside thee, and ten thousand at thy right hand: but it shall not come nigh thee.
- Yea, with thine eyes shalt thou behold: and see the reward of the ungodly.
- For thou, Lord, art my hope: thou hast set thine house of defence very high.
- There shall no evil happen unto thee: neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
- For he shall give his angels charge over thee: to keep thee in all thy ways.
- They shall bear thee in their hands: that thou hurt not thy foot against a stone.
- Thou shalt go upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou tread under thy feet.
- Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him up, because he hath known my Name.
- He shall call upon me, and I will hear him: yea, I am with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and bring him to honour.
- With long life will I satisfy him: and shew him my salvation.