(from Day 16 Evening Prayer)
- O HOW amiable are thy dwellings: thou Lord of hosts!
- My soul hath a desire and longing to enter into the courts of the Lord: my heart and my flesh rejoice in the living God.
- Yea, the sparrow hath found her an house, and the swallow a nest where she may lay her young: even thy altars, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God.
- Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be alway praising thee.
- Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee: in whose heart are thy ways.
- Who going through the vale of misery use it for a well: and the pools are filled with water.
- They will go from strength to strength: and unto the God of gods appeareth every one of them in Sion.
- O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer: hearken, O God of Jacob.
- Behold, O God our defender: and look upon the face of thine Anointed.
- For one day in thy courts: is better than a thousand.
- I had rather be a door-keeper in the house of my God: than to dwell in the tents of ungodliness.
- For the Lord God is a light and defence: the Lord will give grace and worship, and no good thing shall he withhold from them that live a godly life.
- O Lord God of hosts: blessed is the man that putteth his trust in thee.