(from Day 16 Morning Prayer)
- SING we merrily unto God our strength: make a cheerful noise unto the God of Jacob.
- Take the psalm, bring hither the tabret: the merry harp with the lute.
- Blow up the trumpet in the new-moon: even in the time appointed, and upon our solemn feast-day.
- For this was made a statute for Israel: and a law of the God of Jacob.
- This he ordained in Joseph for a testimony: when he came out of the land of Egypt, and had heard a strange language.
- I eased his shoulder from the burden: and his hands were delivered from making the pots.
- Thou calledst upon me in troubles, and I delivered thee: and heard thee what time as the storm fell upon thee.
- I proved thee also: at the waters of strife.
- Hear, O my people, and I will assure thee, O Israel: if thou wilt hearken unto me,
- There shall no strange god be in thee: neither shalt thou worship any other god.
- I am the Lord thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I shall fill it.
- But my people would not hear my voice: and Israel would not obey me.
- So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lusts: and let them follow their own imaginations.
- O that my people would have hearkened unto me: for if Israel had walked in my ways,
- I should soon have put down their enemies: and turned my hand against their adversaries.
- The haters of the Lord should have been found liars: but their time should have endured for ever.
- He should have fed them also with the finest wheat-flour: and with honey out of the stony rock should I have satisfied thee.