(from Day 16 Morning Prayer)
Qui regis Israel
- HEAR, O thou Shepherd of Israel, thou that leadest Joseph like a sheep: shew thyself also, thou that sittest upon the cherubims.
- Before Ephraim, Benjamin, and Manasses: stir up thy strength, and come, and help us.
- Turn us again, O God: shew the light of thy countenance, and we shall be whole.
- O Lord God of hosts: how long wilt thou be angry with thy people that prayeth?
- Thou feedest them with the bread of tears: and givest them plenteousness of tears to drink.
- Thou hast made us a very strife unto our neighbours: and our enemies laugh us to scorn.
- Turn us again, thou God of hosts: shew the light of thy countenance, and we shall be whole.
- Thou hast brought a vine out of Egypt: thou hast cast out the heathen, and planted it.
- Thou madest room for it: and when it had taken root it filled the land.
- The hills were covered with the shadow of it: and the boughs thereof were like the goodly cedar-trees.
- She stretched out her branches unto the sea: and her boughs unto the river.
- Why hast thou then broken down her hedge: that all they that go by pluck off her grapes?
- The wild boar out of the wood doth root it up: and the wild beasts of the field devour it.
- Turn thee again, thou God of hosts, look down from heaven: behold, and visit this vine;
- And the place of the vineyard that thy right hand hath planted: and the branch that thou madest so strong for thyself.
- It is burnt with fire, and cut down: and they shall perish at the rebuke of thy countenance.
- Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand: and upon the son of man, whom thou madest so strong for thine own self.
- And so will not we go back from thee: O let us live, and we shall call upon thy Name.
- Turn us again, O Lord God of hosts: shew the light of thy countenance, and we shall be whole.