(from Day 15 Morning Prayer)
Notus in Judaea
- IN JEWRY is God known: his Name is great in Israel.
- At Salem is his tabernacle: and his dwelling in Sion.
- There brake he the arrows of the bow: the shield, the sword, and the battle.
- Thou art of more honour and might: than the hills of the robbers.
- The proud are robbed, they have slept their sleep: and all the men whose hands were mighty have found nothing.
- At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob: both the chariot and horse are fallen.
- Thou, even thou art to be feared: and who may stand in thy sight when thou art angry?
- Thou didst cause thy judgement to be heard from heaven: the earth trembled, and was still;
- When God arose to judgement: and to help all the meek upon earth.
- The fierceness of man shall turn to thy praise: and the fierceness of them shalt thou refrain.
- Promise unto the Lord your God, and keep it, all ye that are round about him: bring presents unto him that ought to be feared.
- He shall refrain the spirit of princes: and is wonderful among the kings of the earth.