(from Day 15 Morning Prayer)
- UNTO thee, O God, do we give thanks: yea, unto thee do we give thanks.
- Thy Name also is so nigh: and that do thy wondrous works declare.
- When I receive the congregation: I shall judge according unto right.
- The earth is weak, and all the inhabiters thereof: I bear up the pillars of it.
- I said unto the fools, Deal not so madly: and to the ungodly, Set not up your horn.
- Set not up your horn on high: and speak not with a stiff neck.
- For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west: nor yet from the south.
- And why? God is the Judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.
- For in the hand of the Lord there is a cup, and the wine is red: it is full mixed, and he poureth out of the same.
- As for the dregs thereof: all the ungodly of the earth shall drink them, and suck them out.
- But I will talk of the God of Jacob: and praise him for ever.
- All the horns of the ungodly also will I break: and the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.