(from Day 14 Morning Prayer)
In te, Domine, speravi
- IN THEE, O Lord, have I put my trust, let me never be put to confusion: but rid me and deliver me in thy righteousness, incline thine ear unto me, and save me.
- Be thou my strong hold, whereunto I may alway resort: thou hast promised to help me, for thou art my house of defence and my castle.
- Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the ungodly: out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.
- For thou, O Lord God, art the thing that I long for: thou art my hope, even from my youth.
- Through thee have I been holden up ever since I was born: thou art he that took me out of my mother's womb; my praise shall be always of thee.
- I am become as it were a monster unto many: but my sure trust is in thee.
- O let my mouth be filled with thy praise: that I may sing of thy glory and honour all the day long.
- Cast me not away in the time of age: forsake me not when my strength faileth me.
- For mine enemies speak against me, and they that lay wait for my soul take their counsel together, saying: God hath forsaken him; persecute him, and take him, for there is none to deliver him.
- Go not far from me, O God: my God, haste thee to help me.
- Let them be confounded and perish that are against my soul: let them be covered with shame and dishonour that seek to do me evil.
- As for me, I will patiently abide alway: and will praise thee more and more.
- My mouth shall daily speak of thy righteousness and salvation: for I know no end thereof.
- I will go forth in the strength of the Lord God: and will make mention of thy righteousness only.
- Thou, O God, hast taught me from my youth up until now: therefore will I tell of thy wondrous works.
- Forsake me not, O God, in mine old age, when I am gray-headed: until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to all them that are yet for to come.
- Thy righteousness, O God, is very high: and great things are they that thou hast done; O God, who is like unto thee?
- O what great troubles and adversities hast thou shewed me, and yet didst thou turn and refresh me: yea, and broughtest me from the deep of the earth again.
- Thou hast brought me to great honour: and comforted me on every side.
- Therefore will I praise thee and thy faithfulness, O God, playing upon an instrument of musick: unto thee will I sing upon the harp, O thou Holy One of Israel.
- My lips will be fain when I sing unto thee: and so will my soul whom thou hast delivered.
- My tongue also shall talk of thy righteousness all the day long: for they are confounded and brought unto shame that seek to do me evil.