(from Day 1 Evening Prayer)
Domine, Deus meus
- O LORD my God, in thee have I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me;
- Lest he devour my soul, like a lion, and tear it in pieces: while there is none to help.
- O Lord my God, if I have done any such thing: or if there be any wickedness in my hands;
- If I have rewarded evil unto him that dealt friendly with me: yea, I have delivered him that without any cause is mine enemy,
- Then let mine enemy persecute my soul, and take me: yea, let him tread my life down upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust.
- Stand up, O Lord, in thy wrath, and lift up thyself, because of the indignation of mine enemies: arise up for me in the judgement that thou hast commanded.
- And so shall the congregation of the people come about thee: for their sakes therefore lift up thyself again.
- The Lord shall judge the people; give sentence with me, O Lord: according to my righteousness, and according to the innocency that is in me.
- O let the wickedness of the ungodly come to an end: but guide thou the just.
- For the righteous God: trieth the very hearts and reins.
- My help cometh of God: who preserveth them that are true of heart.
- God is a righteous Judge, strong and patient: and God is provoked every day.
- If a man will not turn, he will whet his sword: he hath bent his bow, and made it ready.
- He hath prepared for him the instruments of death: he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors
- Behold, he travaileth with mischief: he hath conceived sorrow, and brought forth ungodliness.
- He hath graven and digged up a pit: and is fallen on himself into the destruction that he made for other.
- For his travail shall come upon his own head: and his wickedness shall fall on his own pate.
- I will give thanks unto the Lord, according to his righteousness: and I will praise the Name of the Lord most High.