(from Day 12 Evening Prayer)
Te decet hymnus
- THOU, O God, art praised in Sion: and unto thee shall the vow be performed in Jerusalem.
- Thou that hearest the prayer: unto thee shall all flesh come.
- My misdeeds prevail against me: O be thou merciful unto our sins.
- Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and receivest unto thee: he shall dwell in thy court, and shall be satisfied with the pleasures of thy house, even of thy holy temple.
- Thou shalt shew us wonderful things in thy righteousness, O God of our salvation: thou that art the hope of all the ends of the earth, and of them that remain in the broad sea.
- Who in his strength setteth fast the mountains: and is girded about with power.
- Who stilleth the raging of the sea: and the noise of his waves, and the madness of the people.
- They also that dwell in the uttermost parts of the earth shall be afraid at thy tokens: thou that makest the outgoings of the morning and evening to praise thee.
- Thou visitest the earth, and blessest it: thou makest it very plenteous.
- The river of God is full of water: thou preparest their corn, for so thou providest for the earth.
- Thou waterest her furrows, thou sendest rain into the little valleys thereof: thou makest it soft with the drops of rain, and blessest the increase of it.
- Thou crownest the year with thy goodness: and thy clouds drop fatness.
- They shall drop upon the dwellings of the wilderness: and the little hills shall rejoice on every side.
- The folds shall be full of sheep: the valleys also shall stand so thick with corn, that they shall laugh and sing.