(from Day 12 Morning Prayer)
- HEAR my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy.
- Hide me from the gathering together of the froward: and from the insurrection of wicked doers;
- Who have whet their tongue like a sword: and shoot out their arrows, even bitter words;
- That they may privily shoot at him that is perfect: suddenly do they hit him, and fear not.
- They encourage themselves in mischief: and commune among themselves how they may lay snares, and say that no man shall see them.
- They imagine wickedness, and practise it: that they keep secret among themselves, every man in the deep of his heart.
- But God shall suddenly shoot at them with a swift arrow: that they shall be wounded.
- Yea, their own tongues shall make them fall: insomuch that whoso seeth them shall laugh them to scorn.
- And all men that see it shall say, This hath God done: for they shall perceive that it is his work.
- The righteous shall rejoice in the Lord, and put his trust in him: and all they that are true of heart shall be glad.