(from Day 12 Morning Prayer)
Deus, Deus meus
- O GOD, thou art my God: early will I seek thee.
- My soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh also longeth after thee: in a barren and dry land where no water is.
- Thus have I looked for thee in holiness: that I might behold thy power and glory.
- For thy loving-kindness is better than the life itself: my lips shall praise thee.
- As long as I live will I magnify thee on this manner: and lift up my hands in thy Name.
- My soul shall be satisfied, even as it were with marrow and fatness: when my mouth praiseth thee with joyful lips.
- Have I not remembered thee in my bed: and thought upon thee when I was waking?
- Because thou hast been my helper: therefore under the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
- My soul hangeth upon thee: thy right hand hath upholden me.
- These also that seek the hurt of my soul: they shall go under the earth.
- Let them fall upon the edge of the sword: that they may be a portion for foxes.
- But the King shall rejoice in God; all they also that swear by him shall be commended: for the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.