(from Day 12 Morning Prayer)
- MY SOUL truly waiteth still upon God: for of him cometh my salvation.
- He verily is my strength and my salvation: he is my defence, so that I shall not greatly fall.
- How long will ye imagine mischief against every man: ye shall be slain all the sort of you; yea, as a tottering wall shall ye be, and like a broken hedge.
- Their device is only how to put him out whom God will exalt: their delight is in lies; they give good words with their mouth, but curse with their heart.
- Nevertheless, my soul, wait thou still upon God: for my hope is in him.
- He truly is my strength and my salvation: he is my defence, so that I shall not fall.
- In God is my health, and my glory: the rock of my might, and in God is my trust.
- O put your trust in him alway, ye people: pour out your hearts before him, for God is our hope.
- As for the children of men, they are but vanity: the children of men are deceitful upon the weights, they are altogether lighter than vanity itself.
- O trust not in wrong and robbery, give not yourselves unto vanity: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them.
- God spake once, and twice I have also heard the same: that power belongeth unto God;
- And that thou, Lord, art merciful: for thou rewardest every man according to his work.