(from Day 1 Evening Prayer)
Domine, ne in furore
- O LORD, rebuke me not in thine indignation: neither chasten me in thy displeasure.
- Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am weak: O Lord, heal me, for my bones are vexed.
- My soul also is sore troubled: but, Lord, how long wilt thou punish me?
- Turn thee, O Lord, and deliver my soul: O save me for thy mercy's sake.
- For in death no man remembereth thee: and who will give thee thanks in the pit?
- I am weary of my groaning; every night wash I my bed: and water my couch with my tears.
- My beauty is gone for very trouble: and worn away because of all mine enemies.
- Away from me, all ye that work vanity: for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping.
- The Lord hath heard my petition: the Lord will receive my prayer.
- All mine enemies shall be confounded, and sore vexed: they shall be turned back, and put to shame suddenly.