(from Day 11 Morning Prayer)
Miserere mei, Deus
- BE MERCIFUL unto me, O God, for man goeth about to devour me: he is daily fighting, and troubling me.
- Mine enemies are daily in hand to swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O thou most Highest.
- Nevertheless, though I am sometime afraid: yet put I my trust in thee.
- I will praise God, because of his word: I have put my trust in God, and will not fear what flesh can do unto me.
- They daily mistake my words: all that they imagine is to do me evil.
- They hold all together, and keep themselves close: and mark my steps, when they lay wait for my soul.
- Shall they escape for their wickedness: thou, O God, in thy displeasure shalt cast them down.
- Thou tellest my flittings; put my tears into thy bottle: are not these things noted in thy book?
- Whensoever I call upon thee, then shall mine enemies be put to flight: this I know; for God is on my side.
- In God's word I will rejoice: in the Lord's word will I comfort me.
- Yea, in God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.
- Unto thee, O God, will I pay my vows: unto thee will I give thanks.
- For thou hast delivered my soul from death, and my feet from falling: that I may walk before God in the light of the living.