(from Day 10 Morning Prayer)
- WHY boastest thou thyself, thou tyrant: that thou canst do mischief;
- Whereas the goodness of God: endureth yet daily?
- Thy tongue imagineth wickedness: and with lies thou cuttest like a sharp rasor.
- Thou hast loved unrighteousness more then goodness: and to talk of lies more than righteousness.
- Thou hast loved to speak all words that may do hurt: O thou false tongue.
- Therefore shall God destroy thee for ever: he shall take thee, and pluck thee out of thy dwelling, and root thee out of the land of the living.
- The righteous also shall see this, and fear: and shall laugh him to scorn;
- Lo, this is the man that took not God for his strength: but trusted unto the multitude of his riches, and strengthened himself in his wickedness.
- As for me, I am like a green olive-tree in the house of God: my trust is in the tender mercy of God for ever and ever.
- I will always give thanks unto thee for that thou hast done: and I will hope in thy Name, for thy saints like it well.