(from Day 10 Morning Prayer)
- THE Lord, even the most mighty God, hath spoken: and called the world, from the rising up of the sun unto the going down thereof.
- Out of Sion hath God appeared: in perfect beauty.
- Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: there shall go before him a consuming fire, and a mighty tempest shall be stirred up round about him.
- He shall call the heaven from above: and the earth, that he may judge his people.
- Gather my saints together unto me: those that have made a covenant with me with sacrifice.
- And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is Judge himself.
- Hear, O my people, and I will speak: I myself will testify against thee, O Israel; for I am God, even thy God.
- I will not reprove thee because of thy sacrifices, or for thy burnt-offerings: because they were not alway before me.
- I will take no bullock out of thine house: nor he-goat out of thy folds.
- For all the beasts of the forest are mine: and so are the cattle upon a thousand hills.
- I know all the fowls upon the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are in my sight.
- If I be hungry, I will not tell thee: for the whole world is mine, and all that is therein.
- Thinkest thou that I will eat bulls' flesh: and drink the blood of goats?
- Offer unto God thanksgiving: and pay thy vows unto the most Highest.
- And call upon me in the time of trouble: so will I hear thee, and thou shalt praise me.
- But unto the ungodly said God: Why dost thou preach my laws, and takest my covenant in thy mouth;
- Whereas thou hatest to be reformed: and has cast my words behind thee?
- When thou sawest a thief, thou consentedst unto him: and hast been partaker with the adulterers.
- Thou hast let thy mouth speak wickedness: and with thy tongue thou hast set forth deceit.
- Thou satest, and spakest against thy brother: yea, and hast slandered thine own mother's son.
- These things hast thou done, and I held my tongue, and thou thoughtest wickedly, that I am even such a one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set before thee the things that thou hast done.
- O consider this, ye that forget God: lest I pluck you away, and there be none to deliver you.
- Whoso offereth me thanks and praise, he honoureth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation right will I shew the salvation of God.