(from Day 1 Morning Prayer)
Verba mea auribus
- PONDER my words, O Lord: consider my meditation
- O hearken thou unto the voice of my calling, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I make my prayer.
- My voice shalt thou hear betimes, O Lord: early in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
- For thou art the God that hast no pleasure in wickedness: neither shall any evil dwell with thee.
- Such as be foolish shall not stand in thy sight: for thou hatest all them that work vanity.
- Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the Lord will abhor both the blood-thirsty and deceitful man.
- But as for me, I will come into thine house, even upon the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
- Lead me, O Lord, in thy righteousness, because of mine enemies: make thy way plain before my face.
- For there is no faithfulness in his mouth: their inward parts are very wickedness.
- Their throat is an open sepulchre: they flatter with their tongue.
- Destroy thou them, O God; let them perish through their own imaginations: cast them out in the multitude of their ungodliness; for they have rebelled against thee.
- And let all them that put their trust in thee rejoice: they shall ever be giving of thanks, because thou defendest them; they that love thy Name shall be joyful in thee;
- For thou, Lord, wilt give thy blessing unto the righteous: and with thy favourable kindness wilt thou defend him as with a shield.