(from Day 9 Evening Prayer)
- GREAT is the Lord, and highly to be praised: in the city of our God, even upon his holy hill.
- The hill of Sion is a fair place, and the joy of the whole earth: upon the north-side lieth the city of the great King; God is well known in her palaces as a sure refuge.
- For lo, the kings of the earth: are gathered, and gone by together.
- They marvelled to see such things: they were astonished, and suddenly cast down.
- Fear came there upon them, and sorrow: as upon a woman in her travail.
- Thou shalt break the ships of the sea: through the east-wind.
- Like as we have heard, so have we seen in the city of the Lord of hosts, in the city of our God: God upholdeth the same for ever.
- We wait for thy loving-kindness, O God: in the midst of thy temple.
- O God, according to thy Name, so is thy praise unto the world's end: thy right hand is full of righteousness.
- Let the mount Sion rejoice, and the daughters of Judah be glad: because of thy judgements.
- Walk about Sion, and go round about her: and tell the towers thereof.
- Mark well her bulwarks, set up her houses: that ye may tell them that come after.
- For this God is our God for ever and ever: he shall be our guide unto death.