(from Day 9 Evening Prayer)
Omnes gentes, plaudite
- O CLAP your hands together, all ye people: O sing unto God with the voice of melody.
- For the Lord is high, and to be feared: he is the great King upon all the earth.
- He shall subdue the people under us: and the nations under our feet.
- He shall choose out an heritage for us: even the worship of Jacob, whom he loved.
- God is gone up with a merry noise: and the Lord with the sound of the trump.
- O sing praises, sing praises unto our God: O sing praises, sing praises unto our King.
- For God is the King of all the earth: sing ye praises with understanding.
- God reigneth over the heathen: God sitteth upon his holy seat.
- The princes of the people are joined unto the people of the God of Abraham: for God, which is very high exalted, doth defend the earth, as it were with a shield.