(from Day 8 Evening Prayer)
Judica me, Deus
- GIVE sentence with me, O God, and defend my cause against the ungodly people: O deliver me from the deceitful and wicked man.
- For thou art the God of my strength, why hast thou put me from thee: and why go I so heavily, while the enemy oppresseth me?
- O send out thy light and thy truth, that they may lead me: and bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy dwelling.
- And that I may go unto the altar of God, even unto the God of my joy and gladness: and upon the harp will I give thanks unto thee, O God, my God.
- Why art thou so heavy, O my soul: and why art thou so disquieted within me?
- O put thy trust in God: for I will yet give him thanks, which is the help of my countenance, and my God.