(from Day 8 Morning Prayer)
- I WAITED patiently for the Lord: and he inclined unto me, and heard my calling.
- He brought me also out of the horrible pit, out of the mire and clay: and set my feet upon the rock, and ordered my goings.
- And he hath put a new song in my mouth: even a thanksgiving unto our God.
- Many shall see it, and fear: and shall put their trust in the Lord.
- Blessed is the man that hath set his hope in the Lord: and turned not unto the proud, and to such as go about with lies.
- O Lord my God, great are the wondrous works which thou hast done, like as be also thy thoughts which are to us-ward: and yet there is no man that ordereth them unto thee:
- If I should declare them, and speak of them: they should be more than I am able to express.
- Sacrifice and meat-offering thou wouldest not: but mine ears hast thou opened.
- Burnt-offerings, and sacrifice for sin, hast thou not required: then said I, Lo, I come,
- In the volume of the book it is written of me, that I should fulfil thy will, O my God: I am content to do it; yea, thy law is within my heart.
- I have declared thy righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I will not refrain my lips, O Lord, and that thou knowest.
- I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart: my talk hath been of thy truth and of thy salvation.
- I have not kept back thy loving mercy and truth: from the great congregation.
- Withdraw not thou thy mercy from me, O Lord: let thy loving-kindness and thy truth alway preserve me.
- For innumerable troubles are come about me; my sins have taken such hold upon me that I am not able to look up: yea, they are more in number than the hairs of my head, and my heart hath failed me.
- O Lord, let it be thy pleasure to deliver me: make haste, O Lord, to help me.
- Let them be ashamed and confounded together, that seek after my soul to destroy it: let them be driven backward and put to rebuke, that wish me evil.
- Let them be desolate, and rewarded with shame: that say unto me, Fie upon thee, fie upon thee.
- Let all those that seek thee be joyful and glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say alway, The Lord be praised.
- As for me, I am poor and needy: but the Lord careth for me.
- Thou art my helper and redeemer: make no long tarrying, O my God.