(from Day 8 Morning Prayer)
Domine, ne in furore
- PUT me not to rebuke, O Lord, in thine anger: neither chasten me in thy heavy displeasure.
- For thine arrows stick fast in me: and thy hand presseth me sore.
- There is no health in my flesh, because of thy displeasure: neither is there any rest in my bones, by reason of my sin.
- For my wickednesses are gone over my head: and are like a sore burden, too heavy for me to bear.
- My wounds stink, and are corrupt: through my foolishness.
- I am brought into so great trouble and misery: that I go mourning all the day long.
- For my loins are filled with a sore disease: and there is no whole part in my body.
- I am feeble, and sore smitten: I have roared for the very disquietness of my heart.
- Lord, thou knowest all my desire: and my groaning is not hid from thee.
- My heart panteth, my strength hath failed me: and the sight of mine eyes is gone from me.
- My lovers and my neighbours did stand looking upon my trouble: and my kinsmen stood afar off.
- They also that sought after my life laid snares for me: and they that went about to do me evil talked of wickedness, and imagined deceit all the day long.
- As for me, I was like a deaf man, and heard not: and as one that is dumb, who doth not open his mouth.
- I became even as a man that heareth not: and in whose mouth are no reproofs.
- For in thee, O Lord, have I put my trust: thou shalt answer for me, O Lord my God.
- I have required that they, even mine enemies, should not triumph over me: for when my foot slipped, they rejoiced greatly against me.
- And I, truly, am set in the plague: and my heaviness is ever in my sight.
- For I will confess my wickedness: and be sorry for my sin.
- But mine enemies live, and are mighty: and they that hate me wrongfully are many in number.
- They also that reward evil for good are against me: because I follow the thing that good is.
- Forsake me not, O Lord my God: be not thou far from me.
- Haste thee to help me: O Lord God of my salvation.