(from Day 6 Morning Prayer)
Exaltabo te, Domine
- I WILL magnify thee, O Lord, for thou hast set me up: and not made my foes to triumph over me.
- O Lord my God, I cried unto thee: and thou hast healed me.
- Thou, Lord, hast brought my soul out of hell: thou hast kept my life from them that go down to the pit.
- Sing praises unto the Lord, O ye saints of his: and give thanks unto him for a remembrance of his holiness.
- For his wrath endureth but the twinkling of an eye, and in his pleasure is life: heaviness may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
- And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be removed: thou, Lord, of thy goodness hast made my hill so strong.
- Thou didst turn thy face from me: and I was troubled.
- Then cried I unto thee, O Lord: and gat me to my Lord right humbly.
- What profit is there in my blood: when I go down to the pit?
- Shall the dust give thanks unto thee: or shall it declare thy truth?
- Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me: Lord, be thou my helper.
- Thou hast turned my heaviness into joy: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness.
- Therefore shall every good man sing of thy praise without ceasing: O my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.