(from Day 1 Morning Prayer)
Domine, quid multiplicati
- LORD, how are they increased that trouble me: many are they that rise against me.
- Many one there be that say of my soul: There is no help for him in his God.
- But thou, O Lord, art my defender: thou art my worship, and the lifter up of my head.
- I did call upon the Lord with my voice: and he heard me out of his holy hill.
- I laid me down and slept, and rose up again: for the Lord sustained me.
- I will not be afraid for ten thousands of the people: that have set themselves against me round about.
- Up, Lord, and help me, O my God: for thou smitest all mine enemies upon the cheekbone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.
- Salvation belongeth unto the Lord: and thy blessing is upon thy people.