(from Day 5 Evening Prayer)
Ad te, Domine
- UNTO thee will I cry, O Lord my strength: think no scorn of me; lest, if thou make as though thou hearest not, I become like them that go down into the pit.
- Hear the voice of my humble petitions, when I cry unto thee: when I hold up my hands towards the mercy-seat of thy holy temple.
- O pluck me not away, neither destroy me, with the ungodly and wicked doers: which speak friendly to their neighbours, but imagine mischief in their hearts.
- Reward them according to their deeds: and according to the wickedness of their own inventions.
- Recompense them after the work of their hands: pay them that they have deserved.
- For they regard not in their mind the works of the Lord, nor the operation of his hands: therefore shall he break them down, and not build them up.
- Praised be the Lord: for he hath heard the voice of my humble petitions.
- The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart hath trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart danceth for joy, and in my song will I praise him.
- The Lord is my strength: and he is the wholesome defence of his Anointed.
- O save thy people, and give thy blessing unto thine inheritance: feed them , and set them up for ever.