(from Day 5 Evening Prayer)
- THE Lord is my light and my salvation ; whom then shall I fear: the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom then shall I be afraid?
- When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh: they stumbled and fell.
- Though an host of men were laid against me, yet shall not my heart be afraid: and though there rose up war against me, yet will I put my trust in him.
- One thing have I desired of the Lord, which I will require: even that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the fair beauty of the Lord, and to visit his temple.
- For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his tabernacle: yea, in the secret place of his dwelling shall he hide me, and set me up upon a rock of stone.
- And now shall he lift up mine head: above mine enemies round about me.
- Therefore will I offer in his dwelling an oblation with great gladness: I will sing, and speak praises unto the Lord.
- Hearken unto my voice, O Lord, when I cry unto thee: have mercy upon me, and hear me.
- My heart hath talked of thee, Seek ye my face: Thy face, Lord, will I seek.
- O hide not thou thy face from me: nor cast thy servant away in displeasure.
- Thou hast been my succour: leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
- When my father and my mother forsake me: the Lord taketh me up.
- Teach me thy way, O Lord: and lead me in the right way, because of mine enemies.
- Deliver me not over into the will of mine adversaries: for there are false witnesses risen up against me, and such as speak wrong.
- I should utterly have fainted: but that I believe verily to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
- O tarry thou the Lord's leisure: be strong, and he shall comfort thine heart ; and put thou thy trust in the Lord.