(from Day 5 Morning Prayer)
Ad te, Domine, levavi
- UNTO thee, O Lord, will I lift up my soul; my God, I have put my trust in thee: O let me not be confounded, neither let mine enemies triumph over me.
- For all they that hope in thee shall not be ashamed: but such as transgress without a cause shall be put to confusion.
- Shew me thy ways, O Lord: and teach me thy paths.
- Lead me forth in thy truth, and learn me: for thou art the God of my salvation; in thee hath been my hope all the day long.
- Call to remembrance, O Lord, thy tender mercies: and thy loving-kindnesses, which have been ever of old.
- O remember not the sins and offences of my youth: but according to thy mercy think thou upon me, O Lord, for thy goodness.
- Gracious and righteous is the Lord: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
- Them that are meek shall he guide in judgement: and such as are gentle, them shall he learn his way.
- All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth: unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
- For thy Name's sake, O Lord: be merciful unto my sin, for it is great.
- What man is he that feareth the Lord: him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.
- His soul shall dwell at ease: and his seed shall inherit the land.
- The secret of the Lord is among them that fear him: and he will shew them his covenant.
- Mine eyes are ever looking unto the Lord: for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.
- Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me: for I am desolate and in misery.
- The sorrows of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my troubles.
- Look upon my adversity and misery: and forgive me all my sin.
- Consider mine enemies, how many they are: and they bear a tyrannous hate against me.
- O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be confounded, for I have put my trust in thee.
- Let perfectness and righteous dealing wait upon me: for my hope hath been in thee.
- Deliver Israel, O God: out of all his troubles.