(from Day 4 Morning Prayer)
Domine, in virtute tua
- THE King shall rejoice in thy strength, O Lord: exceeding glad shall he be of thy salvation.
- Thou hast given him his heart's desire: and hast not denied him the request of his lips.
- For thou shalt prevent him with the blessings of goodness: and shalt set a crown of pure gold upon his head.
- He asked life of thee, and thou gavest him a long life: even for ever and ever.
- His honour is great in thy salvation: glory and great worship shalt thou lay upon him.
- For thou shalt give him everlasting felicity: and make him glad with the joy of thy countenance.
- And why? because the King putteth his trust in the Lord: and in the mercy of the most Highest he shall not miscarry.
- All thine enemies shall feel thine hand: thy right hand shall find out them that hate thee.
- Thou shalt make them like a fiery oven in time of thy wrath: the Lord shall destroy them in his displeasure, and the fire shall consume them.
- Their fruit shalt thou root out of the earth: and their seed from among the children of men.
- For they intended mischief against thee: and imagined such a device as they are not able to perform.
- Therefore shalt thou put them to flight: and the strings of thy bow shalt thou make ready against the face of them.
- Be thou exalted, Lord, in thine own strength: so we will sing, and praise thy power.