(from Day 4 Morning Prayer)
- THE heavens declare the glory of God: and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
- One day telleth another: and one night certifieth another.
- There is neither speech nor language: but their voices are heard among them.
- Their sound is gone out into all lands: and their words into the ends of the world.
- In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun: which cometh forth as a bridegroom out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a giant to run his course.
- It goeth forth from the uttermost part of the heaven, and runneth about unto the end of it again: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
- The law of the Lord is an undefiled law, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, and giveth wisdom unto the simple.
- The statutes of the Lord are right, and rejoice the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, and giveth light unto the eyes.
- The fear of the Lord is clean, and endureth for ever: the judgements of the Lord are true, and righteous altogether.
- More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey, and the honey-comb.
- Moreover, by them is thy servant taught: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
- Who can tell how oft he offendeth: O cleanse thou me from my secret faults.
- Keep thy servant also from presumptuous sins, lest they get the dominion over me: so shall I be undefiled, and innocent from the great offence.
- Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart: be alway acceptable in thy sight,
- O Lord: my strength, and my redeemer.