(from Day 3 Morning Prayer)
- HEAR the right, O Lord, consider my complaint: and hearken unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.
- Let my sentence come forth from thy presence: and let thine eyes look upon the thing that is equal.
- Thou hast proved and visited mine heart in the night-season; thou hast tried me, and shalt find no wickedness in me; for I am utterly purposed that my mouth shall not offend.
- Because of men's works, that are done against the words of thy lips: I have kept me from the ways of the destroyer.
- O hold thou up my goings in thy paths: that my footsteps slip not.
- I have called upon thee, O God, for thou shalt hear me: incline thine ear to me, and hearken unto my words.
- Shew thy marvellous loving-kindness, thou that art the Saviour of them which put their trust in thee: from such as resist thy right hand.
- Keep me as the apple of an eye: hide me under the shadow of thy wings.
- From the ungodly that trouble me: mine enemies compass me round about to take away my soul.
- They are inclosed in their own fat: and their mouth speaketh proud things.
- They lie waiting in our way on every side: turning their eyes down to the ground.
- Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey: and as it were a lion's whelp, lurking in secret places.
- Up, Lord, disappoint him, and cast him down: deliver my soul from the ungodly, which is a sword of thine;
- From the men of thy hand, O Lord, from the men, I say, and from the evil world: which have their portion in this life, whose bellies thou fillest with thy hid treasure.
- They have children at their desire: and leave the rest of their substance for their babes.
- But as for me, I will behold thy presence in righteousness: and when I awake up after thy likeness, I shall be satisfied with it.