(from Day 3 Morning Prayer)
Conserva me, Domine
- PRESERVE me, O God: for in thee have I put my trust.
- O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord: Thou art my God, my goods are nothing unto thee.
- All my delight is upon the saints, that are in the earth: and upon such as excel in virtue.
- But they that run after another god: shall have great trouble.
- Their drink-offerings of blood will I not offer: neither make mention of their names within my lips.
- The Lord himself is the portion of mine inheritance, and of my cup: thou shalt maintain my lot.
- The lot is fallen unto me in a fair ground: yea, I have a goodly heritage.
- I will thank the Lord for giving me warning: my reins also chasten me in the night-season.
- I have set God always before me: for he is on my right hand, therefore I shall not fall.
- Wherefore my heart was glad, and my glory rejoiced: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
- For why? thou shalt not leave my soul in hell: neither shalt thou suffer thy Holy One to see corruption.
- Thou shalt shew me the path of life; in thy presence is the fulness of joy: and at thy right hand there is pleasure for evermore.