(from Day 30/31 Morning Prayer)
Lauda, anima mea
- PRAISE the Lord, O my soul; while I live will I praise the Lord: yea, as long as I have any being, I will sing praises unto my God.
- O put not your trust in princes, nor in any child of man: for there is no help in them.
- For when the breath of man goeth forth he shall turn again to his earth: and then all his thoughts perish.
- Blessed is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help: and whose hope is in the Lord his God;
- Who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: who keepeth his promise for ever;
- Who helpeth them to right that suffer wrong: who feedeth the hungry.
- The Lord looseth men out of prison: the Lord giveth sight to the blind.
- The Lord helpeth them that are fallen: the Lord careth for the righteous.
- The Lord careth for the strangers, he defendeth the fatherless and widow: as for the way of the ungodly, he turneth it upside down.
- The Lord thy God, O Sion, shall be King for evermore: and throughout all generations.