(from Day 29 Evening Prayer)
Voce mea ad Dominum
- I CRIED unto the Lord with my voice: yea, even unto the Lord did I make my supplication.
- I poured out my complaints before him: and shewed him of my trouble.
- When my spirit was in heaviness thou knewest my path: in the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.
- I looked also upon my right hand: and saw there was no man that would know me.
- I had no place to flee unto: and no man cared for my soul.
- I cried unto thee, O Lord, and said: Thou art my hope, and my portion in the land of the living.
- Consider my complaint: for I am brought very low.
- O deliver me from my persecutors: for they are too strong for me.
- Bring my soul out of prison, that I may give thanks unto thy Name: which thing if thou wilt grant me, then shall the righteous resort unto my company.