(from Day 29 Morning Prayer)
- LORD, I call upon thee, haste thee unto me: and consider my voice when I cry unto thee.
- Let my prayer be set forth in thy sight as the incense: and let the lifting up of my hands be an evening sacrifice.
- Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and keep the door of my lips.
- O let not mine heart be inclined to any evil thing: let me not be occupied in ungodly works with the men that work wickedness, lest I eat of such things as please them.
- Let the righteous rather smite me friendly: and reprove me.
- But let not their precious balms break my head: yea, I will pray yet against their wickedness.
- Let their judges be overthrown in stony places: that they may hear my words, for they are sweet.
- Our bones lie scattered before the pit: like as when one breaketh and heweth wood upon the earth.
- But mine eyes look unto thee, O Lord God: in thee is my trust , O cast not out my soul.
- Keep me from the snare that they have laid for me: and from the traps of the wicked doers.
- Let the ungodly fall into their own nets together: and let me ever escape them.