(from Day 29 Morning Prayer)
Eripe me, Domine
- DELIVER me, O Lord, from the evil man: and preserve me from the wicked man.
- Who imagine mischief in their hearts: and stir up strife all the day long.
- They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent: adders' poison is under their lips.
- Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the ungodly: preserve me from the wicked men, who are purposed to overthrow my goings.
- The proud have laid a snare for me, and spread a net abroad with cords: yea, and set traps in my way.
- I said unto the Lord, Thou art my God: hear the voice of my prayers, O Lord.
- O Lord God, thou strength of my health: thou hast covered my head in the day of the battle.
- Let not the ungodly have his desire, O Lord: let not his mischievous imagination prosper, lest they be too proud.
- Let the mischief of their own lips fall upon the head of them: that compass me about.
- Let hot burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire and into the pit, that they never rise up again.
- A man full of words shall not prosper upon the earth: evil shall hunt the wicked person to overthrow him.
- Sure I am that the Lord will avenge the poor: and maintain the cause of the helpless.
- The righteous also shall give thanks unto thy Name: and the just shall continue in thy sight.