(from Day 2 Evening Prayer)
- THE fool hath said in his heart: There is no God.
- They are corrupt, and become abominable in their doings: there is none that doeth good, no not one.
- The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men: to see if there were any that would understand, and seek after God.
- But they are all gone out of the way, they are altogether become abominable: there is none that doeth good, no not one.
- Their throat is an open sepulchre, with their tongues have they deceived: the poison of asps is under their lips.
- Their mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: their feet are swift to shed blood.
- Destruction and unhappiness is in their ways, and the way of peace have they not known ; there is no fear of God before their eyes.
- Have they no knowledge, that they are all such workers of mischief: eating up my people as it were bread, and call not upon the Lord?
- There were they brought in great fear, even where no fear was: for God is in the generation of the righteous.
- As for you, ye have made a mock at the counsel of the poor: because he putteth his trust in the Lord.
- Who shall give salvation unto Israel out of Sion? When the Lord turneth the captivity of his people: then shall Jacob rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.