(from Day 28 Evening Prayer)
- BY THE waters of Babylon we sat down and wept: when we remembered thee, O Sion.
- As for our harps, we hanged them up: upon the trees that are therein.
- For they that led us away captive required of us then a song, and melody in our heaviness: Sing us one of the songs of Sion.
- How shall we sing the Lord's song: in a strange land?
- If I forget thee, O Jerusalem: let my right hand forget her cunning.
- If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth: yea, if I prefer not Jerusalem in my mirth.
- Remember the children of Edom, O Lord, in the day of Jerusalem: how they said, Down with it, down with it, even to the ground.
- O daughter of Babylon , wasted with misery: yea, happy shall he be that rewardeth thee, as thou hast served us.
- Blessed shall he be that taketh thy children: and throweth them against the stones.