(from Day 28 Morning Prayer)
- O PRAISE the Lord, laud ye the Name of the Lord: praise it, O ye servants of the Lord;
- Ye that stand in the house of the Lord: in the courts of the house of our God.
- O praise the Lord, for the Lord is gracious: O sing praises unto his Name, for it is lovely.
- For why? the Lord hath chosen Jacob unto himself: and Israel for his own possession.
- For I know that the Lord is great: and that our Lord is above all gods.
- Whatsoever the Lord pleased, that did he in heaven and in earth: and in the sea, and in all deep places.
- He bringeth forth the clouds from the ends of the world: and sendeth forth lightnings with the rain, bringing the winds out of his treasures.
- He smote the first-born of Egypt: both of man and beast.
- He hath sent tokens and wonders into the midst of thee, O thou land of Egypt: upon Pharaoh, and all his servants.
- He smote divers nations: and slew mighty kings;
- Sehon king of the Amorites, and Og the king of Basan: and all the kingdoms of Canaan;
- And gave their land to be an heritage: even an heritage unto Israel his people.
- Thy Name, O Lord, endureth for ever: so doth thy memorial, O Lord, from one generation to another.
- For the Lord will avenge his people: and be gracious unto his servants.
- As for the images of the heathen, they are but silver and gold: the work of men's hands.
- They have mouths, and speak not: eyes have they, but they see not.
- They have ears, and yet they hear not: neither is there any breath in their mouths.
- They that make them are like unto them: and so are all they that put their trust in them.
- Praise the Lord, ye house of Israel: praise the Lord, ye house of Aaron.
- Praise the Lord, ye house of Levi: ye that fear the Lord, praise the Lord.
- Praised be the Lord out of Sion: who dwelleth at Jerusalem.