(from Day 28 Morning Prayer)
- LORD, remember David: and all his trouble;
- How he sware unto the Lord: and vowed a vow unto the Almighty God of Jacob;
- I will not come within the tabernacle of mine house: nor climb up into my bed;
- I will not suffer mine eyes to sleep, nor mine eye-lids to slumber: neither the temples of my head to take any rest;
- Until I find out a place for the temple of the Lord: an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob.
- Lo, we heard of the same at Ephrata: and found it in the wood.
- We will go into his tabernacle: and fall low on our knees before his footstool.
- Arise, O Lord, into thy resting-place: thou, and the ark of thy strength.
- Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness: and let thy saints sing with joyfulness.
- For thy servant David's sake: turn not away the presence of thine Anointed.
- The Lord hath made a faithful oath unto David: and he shall not shrink from it;
- Of the fruit of thy body: shall I set upon thy seat.
- If thy children will keep my covenant, and my testimonies that I shall learn them: their children also shall sit upon thy seat for evermore.
- For the Lord hath chosen Sion to be an habitation for himself: he hath longed for her.
- This shall be my rest for ever: here will I dwell, for I have a delight therein.
- I will bless her victuals with increase: and will satisfy her poor with bread.
- I will deck her priests with health: and her saints shall rejoice and sing.
- There shall I make the horn of David to flourish: I have ordained a lantern for mine Anointed.
- As for his enemies, I shall clothe them with shame: but upon himself shall his crown flourish.