(from Day 2 Evening Prayer)
Usque quo, Domine?
- HOW long wilt thou forget me, O Lord, for ever: how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
- How long shall I seek counsel in my soul, and be so vexed in my heart: how long shall mine enemies triumph over me?
- Consider, and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, that I sleep not in death.
- Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him: for if I be cast down, they that trouble me will rejoice at it.
- But my trust is in thy mercy: and my heart is joyful in thy salvation.
- I will sing of the Lord, because he hath dealt so lovingly with me: yea, I will praise the Name of the Lord most Highest.