(from Day 27 Evening Prayer)
- MANY a time have they fought against me from my youth up: may Israel now say.
- Yea, many a time have they vexed me from my youth up: but they have not prevailed against me.
- The plowers plowed upon my back: and made long furrows.
- But the righteous Lord: hath hewn the snares of the ungodly in pieces.
- Let them be confounded and turned backward: as many as have evil will at Sion.
- Let them be even as the grass growing upon the house-tops: which withereth afore it be plucked up;
- Whereof the mower filleth not his hand: neither he that bindeth up the sheaves his bosom.
- So that they who go by say not so much as, The Lord prosper you: we wish you good luck in the Name of the Lord.