(from Day 27 Evening Prayer)
- EXCEPT the Lord build the house: their labour is but lost that build it.
- Except the Lord keep the city: the watchman waketh but in vain.
- It is but lost labour that ye haste to rise up early, and so late take rest, and eat the bread of carefulness: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.
- Lo, children and the fruit of the womb: are an heritage and gift that cometh of the Lord.
- Like as the arrows in the hand of the giant: even so are the young children.
- Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed when they speak with their enemies in the gate.